Be a Bike Wrangler
In your neighborhood, at work, in your daily interactions, any conversation can turn into a donated bike!Learn More
Host a Collection Event
A birthday party, a company picnic, a church event or a scout troop. Any event you have some influence over can be a bike collection event!Learn More
How to Be a Bike Wrangler
1. REGISTER as a Bike Wrangler by emailing your name and phone number to email@example.com. You will be contacted by a staff member shortly!
2. INSPIRE people to donate bikes! Use the Pitch Sheet as marketing material, and add to the pitch in one or more ways:
- a. Share your personal stories of biking, independence and empowerment and why you feel connected to this cause.
- b. Explain that “$25 puts a kid on a bike” – this includes a repair mechanic, all the parts needed for repair, and a brand-new helmet!
3. INFORM your target audience that we collect new or gently-used bikes of any size, including tricycles. They need to be in good rideable condition and need minimal repair work. Also, since we are a non-profit organization there is always the opportunity to donate money!
4. ARRANGE to collect the bikes (or ask people to bring the bikes to you). It would be most helpful if you can temporarily store the bikes in a secure, dry place until they can be transported to FB4K
5. COORDINATE how you will get the bikes to us in one of three ways:
- a. Hang onto the bikes until Collection Day, Saturday, October 13th 2018, when we will have collection points all around Metro Atlanta,
- b. Bring them to our warehouse at 929 Lee St SW, Atlanta, GA 30310. The dates and times when the warehouse will be open will be published on our website as volunteer staffing is scheduled,
- c. If you have 25 or more bikes collected, we will arrange to pick them up from you!
6. CELEBRATE the fact that you are now directly responsible for putting under-served kids onto bikes!
How to host a Collection Event
1. SET UP your Collection Event. Good choices are events that you control or can influence heavily. Birthday parties, Scout Troop events, company picnics (if you’re organizing it or are the CEO), neighborhood events, as long as you’re an organizer or leader of the event. The Peachtree Road Race? A bad choice unless you’re the president of the Atlanta Track Club. A good choice is an event where you think you can collect at least 5 bikes.
2. REGISTER your event by emailing your name, phone number, and event details to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be contacted by a staff member shortly!
3. ADVERTISE in advance that it’s a Collection Event, so people know to bring their gently-used bikes to the event. Things to consider:
- a. Is a bike donation is required for attendance? Do people who donate a bike get some sort of discount, prize or product in return? Make sure people know (a) that a bike is requested and (b) what they get in return. It’s ok if what they get in return is a really good feeling!
- b. Make sure your people know that we collect new or gently used bikes of any size, including tricycles. We are looking for bikes that are in good rideable condition and need minimal repair work.
- c. It’s ok if people give money to FB4K Atlanta instead of a bike. Contributions are tax-deductible! Remember: $25 puts a kid on a bike.
4. INSPIRE people to give. Put something brief but inspiring in the invitation. Also be prepared to say something at the event about why you’re doing this. Use the FB4K Pitch Sheet for info about FB4K and the kids we help, but definitely share your personal stories of biking, independence and empowerment and why you feel connected to this cause.
5. COORDINATE how you will get the bikes to us in one of three ways
- a. Hang onto the bikes until Collection Day, Saturday, October 13th 2018, when we will have collection points around the Metro Atlanta area
- b. Bring them to our warehouse at 929 Lee St SW, Atlanta GA 30310. The dates and times when the warehouse will be open will be published on our website as volunteer staffing is scheduled
- c. If you have more than 25 bikes collected, we will arrange to pick them up from you! But we likely can’t meet you at your event to do it. So make sure you have a place to store the bikes for a few days – and a way to transport them there!
6. REMEMBER that FB4K is a non-profit organization and we survive on your tax-free monetary contributions. Ask for bikes and also money!
7. CELEBRATE the fact that you and your group are now directly responsible for putting under-served kids onto bikes!
Looking for more ways to help?
Your donations will help us get more kids back on bikes. FB4K is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All donations are tax deductible.Donate Financially
We need your help to clean and refurbish bikes. Sign up today and help us put a child on a bicycle and a smile on a face.Volunteer